I’m just going to start by saying that I have never been fond of spending a lot of money on makeup. I like shopping at Sephora and Ulta, but don’t typically buy anything expensive unless I have a coupon or something. My roommate and I went to Walgreens last night and I bought makeup. I love makeup from drugstores because it is cheap and works. I can’t say that all cheap makeup works, therefore it’s unnecessary to spend large amounts of money on fancier makeup, because cheap makeup doesn’t always work as it should for me. But when I do find cheap makeup that works, I’m so happy I bought it instead of a more expensive makeup that would do basically the same. Now to get to the point of my post, which is to talk about the makeup I got last night in more detail because I absolutely love ALL of it and it works wonderfully! Here it goes:
- 6 Piece Eye Brush Set by EcoTools. I was hesitant to buy these brushes because when I’ve bought cheap brushes in the past, it’s very obvious why they were so cheap. However, I tried these brushes out last night and they worked GREAT! The set came with a large eye brush, angled crease brush, petite eye shading brush, highlighting brush, smudge brush, and a travel case to put them all in. I feel like I got a good deal for the small amount I spent on them!
- Maybelline ExpertWear EyeShadow in Apricot Aura. I stumbled across a display of Maybelline’s new spring collection and saw this eyeshadow. I immediately fell in love with it. There are three colors: a creme color for the base, a darker champagne like color for the lid, and an apricot color for the crease. I put this eyeshadow on last night and it looks so good on. It’s such a natural look, which is something I love. There was also a coupon for $1 off on the display so that made this purchase even better!
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lip Color in Pink Beam. This was also on the display where the I found the eyshadow. I don’t typically buy lipstick or wear anything on my lips other than a chapstick, but these looked so pretty. I really liked this one on the model shown on the display and decided to get it in hopes that it would look good on me too. I can’t think of how to describe the color. It’s like a champage with a hint of pink and shimmers. Of course it doesn’t look the same on me as it did in the picture I saw, but I still really like how it looks.
- WetnWild CoverAll stick. This is a stick concealer, which I’ve never tried. I’ve only used the liquid ones before. This was extremely cheap so I figured I’d give it a shot. It actually works well! I tried it on some red spots on my face and they were concealed nicely. I just lucked into this matching my skin so well, because they didn’t have many shades to pick from. I’d definitely buy it again once this runs out.
- Covergirl Oil Control Liquid Foundation in Soft Honey. My face gets VERY oily so I went with the Clean foundation which is for controlling oil. I applied this last night to make sure the color matched me but I haven’t worn it for a long period of time yet to see how well it controls my oily face. I used to use this foundation awhile ago, like several years ago, and decided I would try it again. I have been using Rimmel liquid foundation but it has been feeling heavy on my face and I’ve been getting alot of breakouts. I don’t know that the foundation had anything to do with that but I figured I’d switch because I didn’t have problems with this in the past. So hopefully it controls oil like it claims to!
- Covergirl Oil Control Pressed Powder in Medium Light. This powder is awesome. I put it on around 11 AM and my nose is the only part of my face that is oily right now. That could be due to the fact that I’ve been blowing my nose like crazy, thus wiping off the powder. My face tends to get oily on my cheeks and forehead but both of those areas look great now. I couldn’t decide what color to go with but chose this one. The color up from this one looked way too dark and if powder isn’t dark enough, I can always add bronzer. I really like this powder though and am glad I got it.
- WetnWild Wild Shine Nail Color in Sunny Side Up. I love to wear nail polish on my toenails in the spring and summer so I have been working on getting my nail polish collection together. I usually wear pinks and have a million different shades of pink. But I didn’t have anything orange. This is a paler shade of orange than I thought it would be and it also requires about three to four coats of polish per nail. It was cheap, only .99, so I wasn’t expecting it to be fabulous. It is a pretty color and gives the tropical feel I was looking for, but I don’t like having to apply so many coats. It was worth the price though.
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Fast Dry Nail Color in Sonic Boom. Okay, I didn’t buy this nail polish last night. I bought it the other day at Walmart. It’s wonderful!!! It cost more than I usually pay for nail polish because I’m cheap when it comes to nail polish but it was well worth the cost. It’s a bright color which is great for spring and summer. What I really love is the brush. It’s shape makes it easier to paint my nails. Also, I love that it actually does dry fast! I was being kind of a pessimist and thought it was probably too good to be true but it is TRUE. I painted one nail with the wetnwild nail polish last night then painted a second nail with the insta-dry polish and the insta-dry polish was dry way before the other one! I expected that the one I painted first would dry first but that was not the case. I’m so excited to paint my nails this color, I think I will tonight.
- Maybelline One by One Volum’ Express Mascara in Blackest Black. This is probably my favorite purchase from last night! My favorite mascara for awhile has been Falsies but lately it’s been clumping and just isn’t working how it used to. And the tube of it was fairly new so it’s not that the mascara was old. But I saw that One by One is supposed to stop clumps. I didn’t think it actually would but it appears to be a miracle worker. Last night, after I bought it, I put it on even though I already had Falsies on. It actually declumped the mascara I already had on and separated my lashes! I used it this morning before class and it made my eyelashes look great. Like I said, this is probably my favorite purchase from last night.
Well, that’s it. Like I said, I love everything I got and can’t wait to go somewhere that requires me getting all dolled up so I can use them all! The only place I’ve been today is class and I normally just wear powder and mascara because I do not feel like getting all made up right after rolling out of bed. I’m sure I’ll be putting it all on sometime soon though and I’m excited. I recommend any of the items I bought and listed!
I’m going to go find something else to do besides mess around with my webpage. I’m slowly figuring things out so hopefully more entries will come soon! There is a WordPress app that I downloaded onto my iPhone so now I guess I can figure out how to work it as well.
Peace & Love